What to Consider When Choosing a Live Dealer Site
New dedicated live dealer sites pop up all the time. The trick is knowing how to separate those that are actually worth your time from the sites that are just masquerading as comparable options. At the end of the day, you’ll be trying your luck and playing with your hard-earned cash so it’s only right that you get the most bang for your buck.
With that in mind, we’ll delve into the details of how we compile our unbiased and independent live online casino reviews by outlining the following key factors and the role they play in your overall experience.
Licensing: you need to know your cashouts will be paid!
The trustworthiness of a new site is something that can be difficult to determine. On the surface, everything may seem above board but there have been occasions when sites have employed certain underhanded practices behind the scenes. Therefore, it’s imperative that there’s a surefire way to gauge a level of trust and, thankfully, there is – checking to see what licenses a live casino has obtained. That’s why it’s our first port of call whenever we come to review a site.
These operating licenses indicate the casino’s commitment to the latest regulatory mandates and guarantee the payment of all of your winnings. Of course, there are plenty of regulatory bodies out there, each of which has its own statutes that must be met before a license can be awarded within a specific jurisdiction.
However, some are more stringent than others. That’s not a bad thing though. Bodies such as the UKGC and the MGA constantly maintain high-tier licensing procedures to ensure operators provide a safe environment in which you can gamble. Hence why we’re always on the lookout for particular certification whenever a new site crosses our desk. That’s not to say we don’t take other licenses into consideration, it’s more that these specific accreditations are widely regarded as the most trustworthy.
Whilst proper licensing is of paramount concern to us, there are also plenty of other security measures that we look out for when writing our live dealer casino reviews. With millions of players performing millions of deposits and withdrawals, it’s vital that there are systems in place that safeguard these transactions and the information alongside them. Not only that, but we also want to verify that every game in the casino’s library meets the latest fair play standards. So, what do we look for?
It’s an unfortunate fact, but as the iGaming industry heavily relies on modern technology, technical issues can arise from time to time. However, irrespective of whether the problems lie on your end or they’re server-side it’s imperative that you’re provided with the tools to resolve any complications.
As such, gauging the levels of customer support each site provides is one of our top priorities and, equally, it should be one of yours too. However, it’s not just a simple question of asking how can I get in touch when I have a problem? It’s about how many support channels are available, whether or not they offer around-the-clock coverage and if it is provided in a range of different languages.
So, if we were to give any live casino a top rating it would have to meet the following criteria:
Of course, being at the stage of requiring customer support implies you’ve already put your trust in a site. So, what do you do when you come across a new live casino that you’re unsure about?
Ideally, your first port of call should be to check out our no-nonsense and unbiased live online casino reviews. We evaluate each site by delivering an uncompromising assessment of the overall experience. We refuse to be swayed by the same old platitudes and promises that are so prevalent within the sector. We aim to build trust with you, not the operators, so, hopefully, when we offer up a recommendation you’ll believe us.
Finally, you also have an entire community of like-minded players to glean information from. Plenty of dedicated websites and forums provide genuine player reviews and ratings that can help you to build a clearer picture of what you can expect.
Live casino sites can do everything in their power to offer players the ideal environment in which to play, but the inescapable truth is that the overall experience is only as good as the games they provide. As such, a great deal of the responsibility falls at the feet of the industry’s live casino game providers.
Of course, certain developers have more experience in the live dealer arena than others thus their particular offerings tend to be somewhat more comprehensive than their rivals. Yet, you shouldn’t discard a site simply because it doesn’t utilize the products of a specific studio. In fact, as more and more companies arrive on the scene it drives the competition forward which gives rise to better games, more variety and a whole world of innovation.
For now, though, the current landscape implies that you’ll want to be on the lookout for the trusted providers we’ve listed below.
High Roller Live Dealer Tables
One thought that has invariably crossed many players’ minds is the idea of sitting at an exclusive table, enjoying the associated thrills and benefits of high roller action and the exaltation of taking the house for all it’s worth.
Unfortunately, for the vast majority it has long remained exactly that – an idea, a thought, a dream. However, the dawn of live casino gaming and its thunderous growth has made these tables much more accessible recently, and the prospect of taking your seat isn’t as far-fetched as you might think.
So, how do they differ from run-of-the-mill live dealer tables? Well, aside from the unique atmosphere and high-octane action, you’ll encounter a host of unique benefits, including:
Live Casino Offers and Promotions
We’re all aware of the huge range of offers casinos provide to incentivize players to play, right? There are all sorts of bonuses regularly available to pique your interest and retain your custom but it’s often the case that live casino players get left out.
Well, as we’ve already mentioned, we’re here to bridge that gap. All of the offers and bonuses we highlight are specifically tailored to those of you who prefer taking on the live dealers and beating them at their own game. We target the promotions that you can utilize to enhance your experience, earn extra funds or potentially land unique VIP prizes and other such rewards. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Another noteworthy feature we look for is whether or not a casino has dedicated live dealer tables, and here’s why. Incorporating dedicated live dealer tables represents a substantial investment for the casino which indicates that the site takes live casino players seriously. Granted, you probably won’t struggle to find somewhere to play at a site that doesn’t offer such a feature, but, ultimately, it boils down to getting the most from your experience – why should you settle for less? We wouldn’t and we don’t think you should either.
So, what’s so special about dedicated tables and why do we consider them a plus? Essentially, it comes down to several individual factors that when combined deliver a complete package.
Although you always stand a realistic chance of winning, casino game creators, along with the sites that host them, are savvy enough to stack the odds against you. We’re not talking about any shady tactics here, it’s simply a fact that the house always has the upper hand, however slightly weighted that may be.
We’re, of course, talking about the house edge applied to each game and its particular variants. In short, this is the mathematical advantage the house has over you in any given situation. However, it also tells you several things. First, it lets you know how much each game is likely to pay out over its lifespan, and second, which games offer the best returns on your bets.
It’s usually represented by a percentage, and depending on your chosen game or variant, it can vary wildly. However, there are certain betting patterns and strategies that are often utilized to maximize your chances of winning. The most prevalent example of this is basic strategy in blackjack. Naturally, though, this doesn’t guarantee that you’ll win each hand. Instead, it’s something that’s used to make optimal decisions in any given situation, thus minimizing your potential losses in the long run.
Live dealer casino gaming has been around for a relatively short period of time. In the 20 or so years since its inception, it’s something that has grown in immense popularity all over the world, now freely enjoyed by millions of players.
However, there were many challenges the industry faced in the early years, not least of which were the legal frameworks surrounding online gambling and the limitations of then-current technology.
The passing of the Free Trade and Processing Act of Antigua and Barbuda, in 1994, addressed the first concern. It allowed gambling establishments to apply for licenses to operate online casinos legally, with countries such as the UK and Malta quickly following suit. Yet slow and unreliable internet connections still remained a hindrance.
Enter 1996 and the introduction of broadband connectivity. The major improvements in connection speeds gave gaming developers the tools they finally needed to begin to create somewhat stable and interactive live casino platforms. Planet Poker offered one of the earliest examples of live casino play in 1998, although speeds were still incredibly slow by today’s standards. Nevertheless, the industry continued to rapidly expand alongside each technological innovation, giving rise to the modern powerhouse providers we know today.
Microgaming was amongst the first to delve into the live casino sector, earning great success along the way. Though it was the founding of Evolution Gaming (now Evolution), in 2006, that heralded the dawn of the current live dealer landscape. In 10 short years, the company had revolutionized the European live dealer platform and expanded to a point that made Evolution the largest single-site casino operation on the continent. The following years saw the launch of a slew of award-winning live dealer games, including Dream Catcher, Lightning Roulette, Monopoly Live, amongst many others, further cementing the live casino specialist’s position as an industry leader.
Now, in 2021, Evolution continues to expand and drive the live casino market forward by consistently meeting the standards that, as players, we demand. It sets a very high bar for competing developers, but that’s something we should celebrate. It’ll mean more innovation, increased player support, wider accessibility and a better experience all round!
Online vs Land-Based Casinos
The debate between playing online versus at a brick-and-mortar casino will continue as long as players have a choice between the two. Ultimately, though, it boils down to preference, despite the fact there are evident advantages to choosing to play digitally.
Granted, the unique atmosphere, the physical aspect of holding your cards and the feel of placing your chips is something that can’t be recreated online. Yet, if you’re simply looking to play and win, these are the compromises you’re likely willing to make.
In terms of gameplay, though, online casinos are unmatched. You can swap between tables in a matter of seconds as there are rarely any waiting times, game rounds play out much faster due to decision timers and support is only ever a message away. Then there’s the convenience of fast cashouts which means your winnings are instantly credited to your account and the huge range of promotions you can take advantage of.
We’re not saying that the days of the land-based casino are behind us, far from it. It’s more the fact that online casinos offer a whole host of quality of life adjustments that their physical counterparts cannot recreate.
Live Casino Games
|European (Single Zero)||2.70%|
|American (Double Zero)||5.26%|
|French (La Partage & En Prison Rules)||1.35%|
|Single Deck Blackjack||0.58%|
|Double Exposure Blackjack||0.69%|
|Baccarat (Bet Type)|
|Ante & Play||3.37%|
Live Casino Features
Earlier, we touched upon the various quality of life features that are available when playing at live dealer casinos which you can use to precisely tailor your experience. In addition to the various promotions and support channels you’ll have at your disposal, there are also other mechanics you can adjust to enhance your time playing. These include:
Pros and Cons of Live Casino Online
You should always weigh up your options when there’s money involved. It’s vital that you feel fully at ease with your surroundings when placing a bet, as having the right mindset can influence your decision-making. Likewise, certain habits, superstitions and lucky trinkets are often central to many players’ experiences, whilst others prefer a more cold and calculated approach.
However it is you approach casino gaming, it’s about the tools you have at your disposal and whether or not they fit your preferred scenario. As such, we’ll incorporate that idea into our pros and cons of playing live casino games online.
We’ll begin with the drawbacks. If you’re the type of player who thrives in a live environment and appreciates the physical aspect of holding the best cards in your hand or handling your chips, of course, this is something you’ll be unable to do. Similarly, things like chip shuffling, whispering lucky phrases before you throw the dice and other such habits cannot be recreated to their full extent in a digital setting.
On the flip side, however, the online casino experience excels in terms of actual gameplay. The action takes on a much faster pace and there’s a huge selection of promotions to instantly take advantage of. You can play more hands per hour and you can earn additional bonuses to further bolster your bankroll. Additionally, there are often much wider betting ranges available and 24-hour support channels to resolve any issues, along with localized language tables for non-native speakers and dedicated tables for those of you who want a true head-to-head encounter.
Exclusive Live Casino Tables
Here at LiveCasinoOffers, we review and highlight the operators that genuinely consider the needs of true live casino players. Our vision is to create a central hub for all things related to live dealer casino offers which reflects our ethos of added value, sincerity, scrutiny and unbiased insight.
We cover all of the major factors that help separate these live casino offers from your run-of-the-mill sites and offer uncompromising reviews of what we discover. With that in mind, on this page, we have compiled and reviewed the best casinos with their own exclusively branded live dealer offers
So, what precisely are they and why should you care about them? Ultimately, these live casinos have shown their commitment to the live player experience by investing their time in building a dedicated suite, so you can be sure they take live players more seriously than the sites that haven’t. It also shows they recognize you have a lot of potential value to them as players, but it goes even further than that. These tables also provide the following range of benefits to you, as a player:
- Deposit matches and Bonuses: Generic bonuses are available anywhere; you make your deposit, get some extra cash and then run into the problem of having to meet excessive wagering requirements. However, when you choose to play on a dedicated table, the casino will soon recognize your value as a player and begin to offer you bonuses with much less restrictive terms and conditions. Therefore, the frankly crazy wagering requirements you may have encountered in the past will no longer be an obstacle.
- Instant access: With brand-exclusive tables, fewer players are competing for the same seats. Therefore, whenever the urge to play strikes, you don’t have to worry about waiting times. Some live casinos even have a range of private tables that are specifically designed for head-to-head action; it’s just you versus the dealer.
- Brand-specific offers: You’re much more likely to receive on-table promotions when playing on an exclusive table. These tables often offer special prize draws, bonus raffles, giveaways and loyalty rewards, and you’ll only be competing against players from the same casino for these prizes. Therefore, you’ll stand a much better chance of winning!
- Loyalty/High roller benefits: Playing on dedicated tables can net you increased benefits and added value from the casino’s loyalty platform. Higher table stakes coupled with minimal balance requirements mean you’ll progress through the site’s loyalty program with ease, thus earning you much better rewards as you play.
- Improved customer service: As there are fewer players to manage, the customer support team can provide a tailored service. So, if you should ever run into any complications, they’ll be on hand to resolve the issue much more efficiently.
Why Look For a New Live Dealer Casino?
Maintaining player satisfaction is, or at least should be, at the forefront of any live dealer casino’s ideology. These sites depend on players like us depositing and playing for real money, and if we’re not entirely content with the overall experience there’s always another new live casino eagerly awaiting our patronage.
Of course, there are many reasons why you might be looking for a new online live casino, irrespective of whether you’re a first-time player or a seasoned veteran. So, we felt it would be helpful to analyze them and provide some insight as to why it might be beneficial if you were looking to play elsewhere.
- Discover a whole new live dealer experience: You may be satisfied with your current site but it doesn’t mean there isn’t something better out there. It shouldn’t just be about feeling content, you should experience a rich and authentic atmosphere each time you decide to play. At the end of the day, it’s your money and you’re in the driving seat.
- Take advantage of new welcome offers: New live dealer casinos are constantly competing for your attention, which means there are plenty of generous welcome offers that you can take full advantage of. Making use of these one-time bonuses will kickstart your session by giving you extra funds to play with – if you’re lucky, great; if not, you can simply move on to another site and grab a different offer.
- You’re simply not lucky at your current casino: Betting strategies are all well and good but if Lady Luck doesn’t lend a helping hand it can be immensely frustrating. Granted, we’re delving into the realms of superstition here, but sometimes a change of scenery can alter your fortunes.
- You’ve been stung by a site not paying your winnings: Unless specific terms and conditions state otherwise, whatever you win should be yours to keep. Therefore, you should never suffer live casinos that are happy to take your money but become reluctant when the time comes to pay what you’ve won.
- You’re looking for alternative banking methods: Making and receiving payments should be a convenient and swift process. If you’re having difficulties because of a site’s lack of banking options, it would be simpler to find a new live casino that accepts transactions via your preferred solution.
- Continue your winning streak elsewhere: Hot streaks inevitably come to an end, but what if you could play the same game at a different table elsewhere? Choosing to play at a new live dealer casino could potentially extend your streak whilst allowing you to enjoy the same great experience!
- You want new exclusive tables: Although playing new live casino games is a social affair for many players, others prefer a more personal experience. The head-to-head, high-stakes action that exclusive tables offer isn’t always readily accessible at certain sites. Therefore, you may want to shop around and find somewhere that specializes in this type of live casino gaming.
- You simply want a fresh start: There’s nothing wrong with simply deciding to move on. There may come a time when you’ve experienced all that a particular live casino has to offer and, at that point, moving on to pastures new can reinvigorate the overall experience – never forget that there are always new tables, new games and new offers to discover!